Tuesday 28 February 2012

xplor ... the scarry part

A dream of Mary's has always been to go on a zip line. Well, they had two zip line runs at xplor. Mary wanted to do the most challenging one which was the Jaguar run. Now, imagine this, Lois is afraid to get up on a step ladder and somehow she talked me into going on a zip line. So I did. As I was going along the first run I was travelling 30 km per hour above the jungle and was thinking if I live I live, if I die there is not a thing I can do about it. So 30km per hour, coming to the tower, and terrified I am going to smash into the wall directly in front of me. Then this tiny Mexican puts on the brake and I come to a screaching halt with Mary standing there watching me...she had gone first. I thought "Thank Jesus that's over", only to find out that there were NINE more runs and this was not the fastest or highest! The only way out was to walk through the jungle or use the zip lines. We must have climbed 2000 steps and travelled over 2 km. I put my sandles in my shirt. This mexican man thought I was a guy and patted my chest and said what's that. I replied  "my tits and my sandles" I don't know if he understood.  Enjoy the photos.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home